Google Ads has really upped its game in the past few years. In a valid attempt to compete with Facebook growing market share in Pay Per Click advertising it has created its own powerful universe of audiences to rival Facebooks ‘interest’ targeting options.

In-market audiences

One of the most powerful sets of audiences you can target with Google Ads are the in-market audiences. These audiences can help you find potential customer that are in the market for your products. Google knows when a user is researching or searching for a product based on the search terms or web pages being used. You can then target them using responsive display ads. These are not the old single image banner ads you have been ignoring for years but these ads respond to the ad space and optimise headlines, images and videos for you.

There are 768 In-market audiences, which means there is probably one for your business. I’m not going to go through every one, but I have picked out some popular categories to show you how they can work for relevant businesses.

Apparel & Accessories

There are 37 in-market audiences for targeting people who are in the market for clothing or accessories of some type. You can narrow these down further, so if you have a company that sells sportswear then you could use one (or all 3) of the following 3 audiences –

Segment Name
/Apparel & Accessories/Activewear
/Apparel & Accessories/Activewear/Running Apparel
/Apparel & Accessories/Activewear/Yoga Apparel

Targeting these audiences can create a double whammy. If you can get the user onto your website you get the brand awareness from your campaign. Although you are hoping the user converts to a sale on the first visit, if they don’t at least they are in your remarketing audience for the next 180 days. This can be especially powerful when layering these audiences with demographic data like age and gender. Let’s say the aim is to get 2% of your website  visitors  to convert on their first visit, the  remaining 98% will see your remarketing ads and potentially convert at a later date. This could theoretically bring your conversion rate up nearer to the 5% mark.

Autos & Vehicles

There’s a massive 123 in-market audiences related to the automotive industry. So, if your online company sells parts for German cars, you can target people that are in the market for the brand of car you cater for.

Segment name
/Autos & Vehicles/Motor Vehicles/Motor Vehicles by Brand/Audi
/Autos & Vehicles/Motor Vehicles/Motor Vehicles by Brand/BMW
/Autos & Vehicles/Motor Vehicles/Motor Vehicles by Brand/Mercedes-Benz
/Autos & Vehicles/Motor Vehicles/Motor Vehicles by Brand/Volkswagen

You might not get the sale on the first click but you know this person is very likely to be interested in your products in the next 6 months. I like to think of this as creating a remarketing universe of relevant potential customers.

Moving home

You can target people who are potentially moving home by using in-market audiences related to Mortgages and Home Purchase Loans.

Segment name
/Financial Services/Credit & Lending/Mortgage
/Financial Services/Credit & Lending/Mortgage/Home Equity Loans
/Financial Services/Credit & Lending/Mortgage/Home Purchase Loans
/Financial Services/Credit & Lending/Mortgage/Mortgage Refinancing

I have had great success working with an estate agency who wanted to target potential landlords. The combination of responsive display ads and in-market audiences managed to achieve a cost per lead figure 22% lower than the comparative search campaigns. This allowed me to increase conversions at the same time as reducing cost per lead.

If you would like to try in-market audience targeting for your business, then contact me and I can set this up for you at minimal cost. This targeting can make a huge difference to the right business so why not give it a go.

    Contact Me Now For a Free Audit on Your Website or Paid Media Account >>>

    108 Taff Embankment, Cardiff, CF11 7BH, Wales, UK

    07969 670 827

    108 Taff Embankment, Cardiff, CF11 7BH, Wales, UK

    07969 670 827